Friday, 30 December 2011

Very Happy!

So today, I think I found the answer to my "diet". My other half told me he would like to start eating healthier too, which set me into panic mode. This being because when I try to eat healthier, I mainly eat salads. It's no issue for me, I love them, but he won't eat them, which means we've been eating separate meals recently. So while the thoughts "oh shit what am I going to feed him??" ran through my mind, my lovely friend Robyn came online and suggested to have a look at slimming world. I knew she had been on this plan for a while with her sister and between them they must have lost a lot of weight in 2011 so I made my way to the website. I guess I hadn't looked at it before because when I think of proper diet plans, I think of starving yourself and of course those nasty little ready meals that weight watchers harp on about which aren't even healthy. Anyway Robyn told me to have a look at the recipes as I can make healthy food from their recipes without signing up to weekly weigh ins or giving them any money, I thought if I manage to find one or two meals that both me and Chris will eat it will be quite an achievement. Bear in mind that aside from baking, my cooking skills really are very lacking. Anyway, basically what happened then was I found over ten meals that both Chris and I would eat and I'm still searching through websites finding even more recipes. I've also found the most genius low fat cheesecake recipe I've ever seen. I made a little list and showed Chris and he agreed that he would eat everything on there. All the meals are things like fish and chips, pasta, pies, all normal food but you just make everything totally from scratch from the healthiest ingredients you can find. So basically, from Monday (as I still have bits to use up in the fridge freezer) I will be starting having fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and making both Chris and I the same dinner. I'm really excited about this as we haven't eaten the same proper food for ages and it'll be nice to sit down and enjoy the same food! Hoping this will work, it sounds great though and I would suggest to anyone to have a look at it and try it out if you're looking to shed a few pounds or more.

5 comments:

  1. I actually belong to Slimming World, and I agree they have some wonderful recipes. If you get a bit more daring later on, and know anybody who goes, they have a wonderful range of recipe books for different meals too - soups, curries, desserts ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! I'll have to check out that site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/ she's given me this site as well which has a lot of tasty recipes on too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to lose 5 pounds so I'm with you on the diet. And so far I've done miserably... but then the new year hasn't begun quite yet...
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck to you too Sonia - indeed it isn't the new year yet so doesn't count ;) x

    ReplyDelete