Monday, 23 January 2012

Excitement!

Tonight I am incredibly excited so I'm afraid this post is going to be me being all "eeek" and happy. I officially have the best partner in the whole world. Some of you may not be aware but for the first time in 20 years we now have a pair of Giant Pandas from China in the UK, in Edinburgh. It's been so long since they've been in zoos over here that both Chris and I have never seen one "in person" in our lifetimes. Today he came home from work with the announcement that he had booked us tickets to go see them and have a mini holiday to Edinburgh at the same time for Valentines day. As an animal lover this is definitely going to be one of the most exciting trips of my life so far. I don't think I've been so excited since he took me to Disneyland (yes, the two of us in our twenties went on our own, with no children as an excuse) because I had never been before and am one of the biggest Disney fans in the world. So in a few weeks I will not only be treated to a little holiday but will be meeting pandas for the first time in my life! There's much hope that this pair of Panda's will eventually breed in order to try and keep the Panda population from dying out. They really are such beautiful animals and I cannot wait to meet them in person!



If anyone's interested in the panda experience or if you fancy watching "panda cam" then click this link, although if you're interested in booking tickets I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later as everyone who I've spoken to about it (certainly those who are around my age bracket) are also dying to go and several of Chris' work mates have already booked themselves in too. 

2 comments:

  1. You definitely have a keeper there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Congrats!! This sounds like an amazing trip - I love pandas, they're adorable. I plan to check back on the panda cam once in a while :) Some of our Canadian zoos are supposed to be hosting Pandas starting this year.

    ReplyDelete