Saturday, 14 January 2012

University can be very strange !

This is just going to be a really quick update today as I have a truck load of uni work to be getting through before Monday but basically, I was really, really terrified about checking what grade one of my assignments got. I wrote it while going through the worst week of my life so far and was literally sitting with the laptop on my lap, sobbing as I typed out absolutely anything in order to get up to the right word count. I had decided that writing anything would be better than writing nothing, and I should probably hand something in even if it is a pile of toss. After I handed it in and my life not only straightened out but actually became a million times better, I started thinking of how terrible that piece of work was and the more I thought about it, the more I worried as I came up with things in my mind that I hadn't done and things that I really should have put in. I didn't even think it would get a bare minimum pass. Anyway, my results have been up for a while but I only got the courage up to have a look at them yesterday and I was almost crying with happiness when I discovered that it had actually got a B! I honestly didn't think it would even get a pass which is a D and I was stressing so much about having to possibly retake the module. That is my best grade so far of my year 2 at university and now I'm starting to feel really confident about it. What would I be able to achieve if I really tried?? I'm really going to be putting the effort in this semester and trying my very best to see if I can manage to get an A or two, I'd be the happiest person alive!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. How good to know that sometimes, from a dark place can come something good.

    ReplyDelete