Friday, 27 January 2012

Virus!

So I went to the doctor yesterday and had things stuck down my throat and in my ears until they had decided that I do in fact have a virus - apparently they're sure I don't have an infection because my throat is simply red raw and "you don't have any puss down there". I've never felt less attractive in my life! Yesterday I woke up with such a fever that I literally couldn't stop sweating until I ran myself a cold bath, yes cold and it was only then that I started feeling vaguely normal temperature wise. Anyway the doctor that I go to is based at the uni so when they said "how is your workload at the moment" I wondered what difference it made. I said that I had handed in my last assignment last week and didn't have any more to be handing in for weeks yet, to which they said "good, this virus is highly contagious so you will have to take all of next week off at least, and make sure you relax and don't do any work!" Don't mind if I do! So I will be relaxing for over a week until I feel 100% better before attempting to get anything done.

Yesterday it was actually so cold that we had some snow - it only snowed for about 20 minutes but it was so thick and heavy we had a white blanket on the ground by the time it had stopped. It did however start raining about 30 minutes after that - strange weather. The roads probably aren't great to travel on today but as I won't be leaving the house and Chris works in walking distance, I don't have to worry about that. This very cold weather is actually helping me cope with my fever a bit better.

I have been feeling pretty miserable these past couple of days as I've been feeling so unwell, my voice almost completely disappeared amongst about 50 other things that's wrong with me so when I got up this morning and checked the blogs I'm following I was really surprised and excited to see that I have apparently won something! Jane is giving away a lovely book on her blog and apparently soon it'll be here with me. Just what I needed - something to smile about! If you haven't had a look at Jane's blog you can do so here - I must say this is one of my favourites; I enjoy every single post so if you like the same sort of things as I do it'll be a real treat for you. I hope you all have a lovely weekend whatever you're doing.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, but at least you have a diagnosis - and official permission to do nothing :-)

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah had no idea you were feeling so awful. Here's to a speedy recovery and loads of rest.
    Get better fast!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete