Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Pandas are getting frisky!

Yes! It's happening! The Edinburgh zoo pandas are trying for a baby! Tian Tian started ovulating in the night and her and Yang Guang have tried for a baby 3 times today and if needed they will be trying again 3 times tomorrow. If you don't already know, pandas only come into season once a year for about 36 hours - no wonder pandas are dying out. It's really important that pandas are helped as much as possible to breed to help keep pandas alive and so this is great news. Panda cam is off for now while they are romantic - fingers crossed that soon we will have news on a panda baby!!

Good luck Tian Tian and Yang Guang! Lets hope they succeed!

If you've never seen what a baby panda looks like here's a picture for you to see what could be in Edinburgh in the next year....


Aaawww!! Don't you just want to kiss and cuddle it?!


Anyway - sorry I've been a bit quiet - I've been busy knitting, sorting things out getting ready to move and I have another interview lined up for Thursday for working weekends in a clothes shop which I'd really like probably more so than the job looking after dogs as I'd be earning more money and I don't do a lot in the daytime at weekends anyway. Wish me luck. Also, my necklace from Adorning Ava arrived and I absolutely love it but I will tell you all about that in a different post.

I've been thinking about my blog and recently I've been posting a lot about student/price friendly products so I think I've decided instead of doing this randomly to find a product that is a great price every week and doing a post on it on a certain day every week - not sure which day yet as I need to see if I get this job! Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling - and yes, I wish I could kiss that furry little snout :) Let's all give Tian Tian and Yang Guang a little privacy... hehe!

    I'd be very interested in a 'great deal' post once a week, even if I couldn't get in on it - I'd love to see different products you'd feature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the cutest picture :-)

    Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete