Monday, 30 April 2012

Uni is over (almost!)

So I still have 1 last assignment to finish off by Wednesday and then 2 exams in the next month but all my lectures are officially over - which makes things a lot easier. I don't mind going in for lectures, although I do walk 15-20 minutes there and back and the weather recently has been absolutely horrendous so it's nice to not have to keep walking in the rain. Plus, I now have all the time to do whatever I want - obviously I'm finishing off  all my work and then revising but being able to do it in my own time makes me get it done a lot easier. When I'm busy I do like to procrastinate.

I have been so busy with moving and starting my new job - I've also been doing more overtime than I have contracted hours and fitting that in with everything has been crazy but it has been nice. All I do is scan items at the till then go off and fold clothes on the shop floor. It's the easiest job I've ever done and the amount of work I can pick up is fantastic if I find myself really needing the money. It has also paid for a lovely new sofa and bed and that is just with my first wages. I also plan on getting some new curtains as the ones that came with this flat are literally hideous. I will get it all done little bit at a time. I still have lots of tidying and sorting out of stuff to do which is getting done in little bits at a time. I really can't wait until it's all completely done though - and when it is I will be putting some pics on here as I am really proud of this place - even if it does still look like a tip at the moment!

As for my writing I'm really proud of the play that I have written this semester - the assignment that is to be handed in on Wednesday and I am definitely excited about writing again. I have been approached by a local radio station who asked if I would consider writing a radio play for them and I am waiting to see if anything comes of it - even if it doesn't it just feels so good to know that people are interested in what I do. This is definitely inspiring me to think about what I want to write in the future, especially after uni is over. Once these exams are done it will be September before I know it and I know my last year at uni is going to go so quick. I keep getting told that it's the fastest year out of the 3 and this year has just completely flown by.

Now that my lectures are over I'm looking forward to blogging on a much more regular basis - oh and by the way I have discovered BB cream which is my new favourite thing in the world (sorry Chris) and plan on doing a post about it soon which I'm really excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment