Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Writing doubts

I seem to have hit a strange wall with my writing - I'm not so sure what I want to write about anymore, or even what form my writing should take. I don't really know where this is coming from, just whenever I sit down to do my creative writing uni work it is no longer exciting - neither is it enjoyable and I hate that. Perhaps it's just because of the amount of uni work I have to do? Maybe that's why I'm not enjoying it? Maybe over the summer when I'm relaxed and have lots of spare time to do my own writing I will find the enjoyment for it again? I really hope so. I love writing and it's definitely what I want to do in life, if I start to not enjoy writing altogether I literally have no idea what else I'd do. It's times like these that I'm glad I am doing both English Literature and Creative Writing at uni - at least it's keeping my options open. Perhaps it's about time I started to investigate what other careers or jobs would be accessible to me? This time next year I'll be thinking about graduating and I'd really like to have a proper plan together for then. Chris has pretty much been offered a brilliant paid job for when he's finished uni - he's currently doing a years placement before finishing off his last year this coming September and the boss told him that they'd love to have him work there when he has finished uni - although it's not guaranteed 100% it does sound very good. He even said to me if he got it that he'd be earning so much money I could just keep working part time and focus on my writing - this is such a sweet thing for him to consider but even that didn't excite me! I don't know what's wrong with me at all.

I really do hope that it's just a phase because of needing to write for assignments rather than enjoyment. I seem to be the only person that gets halfway through their degree and then starts having doubts?! Of course even if I decide to do something completely random and in no way related I will still finish my degree no matter what. It means far too much for me to just give up on. I think I'm going to give myself a while to see if my bad mood towards writing lifts and if not, start researching what else I could do with my degree.

(Sorry for the rant)

No comments:

Post a Comment