Sunday, 27 May 2012

Well hello there!

Hello ladies and gents - I'm back! Yes I have finally finished my 2nd year of uni - it got a little tense towards the end with pretty much shitting myself when it came to exams but I got there in the end. I've done all I can do and now I just have to wait to see what happens.

I do apologise for going quiet here, there and everywhere but now I have all the time in the world (or until September at least) and will definitely be back properly and blogging regularly from now on. I had a lovely email from Jane who told me that the comments section here was playing up and you guys were unable to leave me messages - I think I should have sorted that out now! And yet again with a new template - I promise to stop giving my blog face lifts... or at least I will try.

So, in general, we have had some absolutely amazing weather here this past week and I have actually done some pretty cool things since my last exam on Wednesday. Straight after the exam, I went into town and met up with a friend and we joined in with the massive street party that was going on as the Olympic torch passed through Cheltenham


I did my nails for the occasion (you can get this cheap look here)


I baked some practically fat free cake that looked like bread (for myself)




I baked an amazing birthday cake (if I say so myself) - chocolate sponge topped with a summer fruits icing and then topped again with a chocolate glaze (for someone else)


I've been playing with Max until he passes out asleep mid playtime 


And today was ladies night - but we decided to meet up straight after I finished work at 2pm and went to the park right outside my new flat and did some serious sun bathing and chatting before heading off for a lovely meal - a nice man stopped and offered to take a picture for us


So, as we can see summer is officially underway and I am so looking forward to relaxing properly in between getting fit and reading and writing in my rare bit of free time. I hope all you guys are enjoying the spring/summer and if you're in the UK I hope you're enjoying this major heatwave! It makes me feel so much better about not having a holiday booked abroad this year - this week it has actually been hotter here than Hawaii!!

As for my blog, I don't think I'll write certain posts on certain days anymore as it just didn't work for me! I will be starting fresh from now, writing about my life, my writing and of course life from a female students perspective. I look forward to getting back to blogging and I hope that my followers will enjoy having me back! 

Let me know what you've been upto! :) Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    Glad to see you've gotten all the bugs ironed out. Don't apologize about changing up your template - I like it when people regularly switch things up. How exciting to see the Olympic torch pass by!! Congrats on completing your second year and I hope your summer is a fun one - you deserve a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks so yummy! The cat is super cute too and yay for being finished with work!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Now it's time to relax! :P x

    ReplyDelete