Friday, 1 June 2012

Fitness update

So, Chris kept not remembering exactly how much weight I had lost each week so I decided to start weighing myself which is turning out to be much easier to manage. I haven't lost any weight for a couple of weeks due to having our girly meet up and nice meal and not being able to go to the gym. I hurt my toe on a midnight stroll to the bathroom in the dark and basically I lost my toenail - the whole thing came clean off! Even thinking about it now is making me feel sick - yes I'm a wimp. I am pleased though because I haven't put any weight back on due to eating sensibly most of the time and getting a little bit of light exercise at home with no shoes on. I finally went back to the gym yesterday - my toenail has grown back a tiny bit but at least it isn't hurting to wear socks and shoes now. It feels odd but it doesn't hurt and well - the nail is already off so it can't get much worse than that can it? - but yesterday I realised how much fitter I am. I might not be losing weight the fastest but that's OK with me as it will make it easier to keep it off and I have lost roughly 2 stone so far this year which is great in my opinion - by the end of the year I could easily have lost 4 stone and the thought of that is just amazing. Especially now that it's summer and I have loads of time to spend at the gym or swimming or whatever exercise I fancy doing. But yes, I realised how much fitter I'm getting. I managed to push myself really far yesterday before feeling tired, the sweat was pouring out of me but I literally could not raise my heart rate anywhere near as high as it was when I first started going. It was comfortably in the fat burning zone as I pushed myself and it ensured for a really, really good workout. And the result? I felt amazing. I just love that rush that you get after a workout, your problems seem to just fade away and you get the feeling that things are actually really good.

Chris' teenage sister was telling me via the internet that she has gained a whole stone since the last time I saw her (February) and when I told her just do 10 minutes of exercise a day she said "but I hate it". It actually upset me that she feels so bad about herself yet won't do anything to help. It bothers me when people have this outlook because the most important thing to remember is that nobody's going to do it for you. If you want to feel better you've got to do something about it. And I guarantee that within a few weeks you will start feeling the difference as long as you're committed..... I really don't understand why some people don't see that? Also, you learn to enjoy exercise because of that amazing feeling it gives you and because you realise that it's because of the exercise that you feel better about yourself and your looks.

Anyway, enough jabbering as usual. Here's a few pictures I found on the internet to keep me inspired and feeling good that were too cute (and true) not to share :)







Hope you're having a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the first and last cartoons :) Motivating yourself to work out is hard, I find it much easier when I get myself into a 'routine' of sorts. I haven't exercised for a month now (we were away and now I've been home for three weeks) and I'm starting to realize I no longer have a real excuse not to get started again - just being lazy!

    ReplyDelete