Tuesday, 17 July 2012

A chance to write

So, a chance has popped up for me to get into writing over the summer. I know that I always have this chance to write about anything I want, but at the moment I am actually really busy. If I can get overtime at work I would rather do that at the moment than anything else so I can save a little bit of money up. But when an opportunity stares you in the face well you've at least got to try haven't you?

A competition to write a 10 minute radio play for a local radio station has presented itself to me. Not only is it short enough to not take too much time away from me but as anyone who has been following me for a while knows, I studied radio plays at uni last semester and am quite comfortable with writing in this format. Not only that but I actually enjoy it. I will have to write something new though as the winning script will be played on the radio and has to be child friendly due to the time it will be airing. Needless to say, I have no child friendly writing, at all, ever. I have dark stuff inside me that tends to appear while writing which is weird, seeing as I'm not really "dark" at any other time in my life. I suppose these things are deep inside all of us somewhere (I hope).

Anyway, I will keep updating on how this is going - I haven't even got an idea for it yet. In other news Lorna is coming to play tennis on Thursday after I finish my 4 hour shift and then Chris' younger sister will be coming to stay with us for a few days. She hasn't stayed with us for ages so I'm actually looking forward to that, especially because as she gets older I seem to be getting on with her much better. I also finished the pink and cream scarf I have been knitting on and off for months and have started on a deep purple one. I'm hoping to get a few done for Christmas to use up wool and save money - it is less than 6 months to go now so it doesn't seem quite so bad to plan so far ahead now... to me at least anyway!


4 comments:

  1. How dare you mention Christmas in July, lol!! Actually, I've been mentally going over things in my mind the past week and plan to start picking up stocking stuffers and gifts as I see them starting now. Sure helps make the Christmas rush not so rushy! Thanks for the reminder :) Good luck with the play - I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA!I'm doing the same thing - if I see something really nice at a decent price I'm buying it and putting it away for Christmas - the shop that I work in was selling some lovely smelling candles in glass jars for only 50p?! My mum loves these and usually spends about £10 each on a decent candle so when you see a bargain like that you've just got to do it! Makes it a lot less stressful! :P

      Delete
  2. Sounds exciting! Take flight, Sarah Flight!

    ReplyDelete